Tuesday, June 25, 2013

6/10/13 letter

Family, how is everyone doing?  I am sure your all enjoying summer but are probably really busy but that's alright.  It's better to be busy than not doing anything.  It's getting close to the 4th of July weekend.  That will be a fun weekend up at the cabin.  Hopefully the show is better this year than last year for you guys.  Here their Independence day is on June 12th but I don't know how they celebrate that.  The people here look for any reason to have a big party so I guess we will see what they do.  Well I am almost 6 months in so 1/4 of the way done.  I hope my language really speeds up or I might not ever learn it.  It's crazy that almost 6 months is done.  it seems short if you look back but seems long if you look forward.  Ha.  If I was a sister missionary I would only have 1 year left.  The next time I get to call home I will only have a year left so that will be fun.  I just try to look forward to something good each week.  It helps the time move faster.  It's just been another week other than they all have went back to school here so people are never home.  It's a little harder to schedule appointments.  On Thursday we left the house at 12:30 and walked about a mile to our first appointment and no one was there.  By about 2:30 we had only taught one lesson out of like 5 appointments so we had probably walked about 4 miles by then so we figured we would just try it again and walk back and see if any of them were home and they all were.  It worked out it just took some extra walking by the end of the day we had walked close to 10 miles.  I was pretty tired by the end of the day.  Our schedule is going to be hard but it will all work out.  We are getting a new mission President at the end of this month.  I am excited to see how things change and to meet the new President.  I think it will be good.  I will probably transfer on July 3rd.  That's what I think at least.  I have been in this area the longest out of anyone here so I think I will be the next to leave.  Oh and the church will be done on June 30th that's the first Sunday we will be in it so that will be cool.  Other than that just a normal week.  We found out that Dan is moving soon so that stinks.  I was hoping we could get him baptized but he is moving to Manilla pretty soon.  Sorry the letter is short not a ton has changed.  The rainy season is about to start and that slows down the work more so we will just see whats ahead.  Thanks for everything y'all do.  Love you all.  Love Elder Robison

No comments:

Post a Comment