Tuesday, December 3, 2013

October 13, 2013

Family, hey whats up what have you all been up to? Your all done with the harvest and getting ready for the winter. ha it's crazy to think that its that time again. Ha people having Christmas decorations our here and yet its still like 80 degrees. Ha its just weird to me. It should be cold and snowy but man we have been busy this week with splits, conference and just stuff like that. I was so glad to be able to finally watch conference. it was great to have a little change to our week and not have to worry about nothing just go and listen. i really liked Elder Bednars Talk on living within our means and instead of waiting for a raise or something. That we can change our status on our own by just buying what you need. Then I really liked Pres. Uchtdorfs talk about the no perfect people but that God leads this church and God is perfect. it's true because a lot of people have got offended by Bishops or leaders and then they go less active. They don't realize that the Bishop is just a person and isn't perfect. One thing I noticed a lot of talks hit on the women and marriage again. I heard some ladies were trying to get into the priesthood session and were all mad because they said it was for men only. I thought that was kind of dumb but sounds about like what people would try these days. Well so I'll tell you about the rest of my week. Sorry if this letter is short I am short on time so just writing really quick. So Monday P-day, Tuesday, was a good day with lots of teaching and some really good lessons. Our investigators are really good. I have good hope that they will get baptized. Wednesday crappy day really rainy and was going to be a big storm so people were trying to get ready for the storm so it was a bad day for working. Thursday we went on splits. I was with Elder Whatts from Utah. Ha I really like him. He is a really funny kid. I felt bad though because he is pretty new still. He is a lot like I was not knowing Tagalog. So when we were teaching it was all on me but it was okay the spirit helped out with it. I would look at him and he looked so lost. It made me remember how hard that time was so I felt bad for him but one day it will come around for him. That day Diane said she really wants to be baptized before she moves and is very serious about it now. Ever since she finally prayed about the church she has changed completely and really wants to be baptized so on the 26th we will baptize her so are excited about that. She is kinda nervous that she has to have an interview. Friday went and taught the people we could get to. Bong is doing okay. He always reads but never will come to church don't know why so not sure what will happen with him. As like any other Friday slow and not a lot of teaching to do so Saturday we went to the Stake Center and watched Conference then later we watched Priesthood. We had to leave early because we had an appointment we had to go to. This young couple had us over for dinner. We really like them they are really funny and have the cutest little kid but she don't like us at all. She is really shy. Sunday back to the Stake Center and watched both sessions again. It really was so good to go and listen to Conference. I really enjoyed it. Another good thing from Conference I heard was someone said we can't just listen to conference and strengthen our testimony. We need to always be studying and praying. He compared ti to basketball and preparing yourself. I forgot who said it. So yeah that was my week. Kinda busy but it was good. Well I hope everything is going good for you all there. Have a great week thanks for the support love you all. Love Elder Robison

No comments:

Post a Comment